Capacity-Optimized Enterprise Hard Drive for Bulk-Data Applications
- 4TB, 3.5-inch enterprise drive with industry-leading conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology
- Advanced Write Caching feature enables up to 100% performance improvement in random writes over last-generation drive
- 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interfaces in industry-standard formats (512n, 512e and 4Kn) for easy integration into replicated and RAID multi-drive storage servers and systems
- State-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms, super parity and end-toend SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage
- Industry-leading rotational vibration design helps ensure consistent performance in dense multi-drive systems
- Engineered for 24×7 workloads of 550TB/yr
- Robust performance with dual processors, ramp load technology, top-cover-attached motor and humidity sensor for optimum performance in all chassis
- On-demand PowerBalance™ feature available for lower power/performance in random read/write environments
- Seagate Secure® Self-Encrypting Drive featuring Instant Secure Erase for cost-saving drive retirement and secure data-at-rest protection
- Seagate SeaTools™ diagnostic software to provide drive self-tests ensuring no unnecessary downtime and maximizing TCO
Exos 7E8: Trusted. Efficient. Versatile
Trusted, efficient and versatile enterprise storage with ninth-generation enterprise-class reliability, the Exos™ 7E8 is the world’s fastest 8TB nearline drive for bulk storage. Offering a range of capacities up to 8TB, the Exos 7E8 delivers faster random performance and the fastest data transfers, confidently storing data without sacrificing performance. These high capacity, high-performance drives are optimised for demanding enterprise bulk data applications. Choose the Exos 7E8 for 24×7 consistent performance.
Enterprise Drive for Bulk Data Applications
Exos 7E8 hard drives support up to 8 TB per drive, offering bulk data storage for data centre infrastructures requiring a highly reliable enterprise hard drive. Exos 7E8 provides cost-effective, reliable access to unstructured data. Built on field-proven 9th generation conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology, the Exos 7E8 drive helps to catalyse the datasphere, enabling data centre architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability, and low TCO for demanding 24×7 operations.
Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
Exos 7E8 drives are backed by a 2 million hour MTBF rating and support workloads of 550 TB per year — 10x that of desktop hard drives. With state-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms and rotational vibration design, the Exos 7E8 helps ensure consistent performance in replicated and RAID multi-drive systems.
High Performance for Mainstream Data Centre Applications
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data centre footprint on the market today. The Exos 7E8 delivers easy integration into bulk storage systems with the SATA 6 Gb/s interface. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerChoice™ and Seagate RAID Rebuild®, you can tailor your nearline storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your TCO.
- Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres.
- Massive scale-out data centres.
- OLTP and HPC applications.
- High-capacity density RAID storage.
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays.
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph.
- Enterprise backup and restore — D2D, virtual tape.
- Centralised surveillance.